We all have a life to live, tasks to complete, work to get done.
And of course we all have big, bright and beautiful moments, holidays and birthdays and lusciously long weekends - but it is the accumulation of our normal days that make up our lives.
So what would it feel like to make every day full of pleasure? To me that would feel beyond delicious, joyful and glorious. Umm - yes please!
By transforming our ordinary moments into extraordinary ones we are filling ourselves up with the good stuff.
It will help us to feel beautiful, cherished and grateful.
It will allow us to feel real instant gratification, which, when described by the divine Danielle LaPorte, seems okay with me –
Gratification builds the momentum, motivation, and muscle for the work that will require patience and stamina. Of course you can't always have what you want immediately. But you can find ways to turn frustration into savouring. You can fill the waiting space with pleasure so you become less stressed and more juiced, so you feel less at the mercy of time and more devoted to your dream. The amazing irony is that the more often you create instant gratification -- pleasure in the moment -- the more patience you have for the things that take time."
A few ideas for you, lovely one. Feel free to implement one (or all!) and see how your life get's just that little bit more delicious::
· MAKE YOUR TIME IN THE SHOWER DIVINE - Mix a tablespoon of raw organic sugar with 2 tablespoons of almond oil into a little dish or ramekin - take into the shower and gently scrub your body. Feel free to add ground coffee, honey or essential oils to elevate it to the next level!
· LOVE YOUR BODY - UP AND DOWN - Rather than slapping on your every-day moisturiser after your steaming shower, mix a few drops of a delicious essential oil into a big tablespoon of coconut oil. Take a couple of minutes to lather that all over your body and inhale the pleasure! I love using a couple of drops of both jasmine and bergamot.
· FEEL CONNECTED TO MAMA NATURE - Rather than buying boxes of peppermint tea bags, grow a little mint plant. It's so easy to grow, even for me (and that's saying something ... ) and pick a few leaves to brew in hot water. Perfect to have after dinner as it’s super effective for happy digestion.
· CREATE A SACRED DREAMTIME ROUTINE - Mix a few drops of lavender into a little spray bottle full of water and spray onto your pillow before you sleep
· PLAY WITH SCENTS THAT REFLECT WHO YOU ARE - Crush a small handful of fragrant herbs or flowers instead of wearing synthetic perfume. My favourite combination is basil and lavender. (It’s important to really crush them up to release the oils).
· SUPPORT AND SMILE AT STRANGERS - Swap your big supermarket shop for a morning at the farmers markets. Have a fresh green juice or hot creamy coffee while wandering around the stalls choosing fresh produce. Ask questions, share recipes and relish in the knowledge you are supporting the growers and buying super fresh. It’ll take a similar amount of time, but I promise it will be SO much more pleasurable (our great mission here!) and everything will taste much more delicious. Even better, pick yourself up a big bunch of fresh flowers too.
· GIVE YOUR FOOD SOME LOVIN’ - Massage your kale! A darling friend of mine once explained to me how much softer kale was if you take a few minutes to work those leaves - and she was SO right! Using a little olive oil or fresh avocado is perfect! Infuse the love into those leaves baby!
· SPREAD YOUR TOES - While walking through the park, take your shoes off. “Grounding” is so healing and really nourished for our bodies and minds, connecting us to our Mama Earth. Feel all of your toes grip on to the ground.
· SEE THE HUMAN BEAUTY ALL AROUND YOU - While ordering your morning coffee, spark a conversation with your barista. This is someone you may see every day, let’s make those minutes special. At the least you will be a bright light in their mornings, and you never know, you could even end up as friends!
And most importantly - notice how these little acts can bring moments of happiness into you life.
I'd love to hear how you go trying any of these, and of course I'd also love to hear the gorgeous things you do to elevate your days in the comments below.